Job Position: On-Call / Casual
We are seeking a hard-working and highly motivated individual to join our team at Our Lady of Guadalupe Home
as a Residential Support Worker.
The role of the Residential Support Worker is to support pregnant and new women within our home with the challenges of being a first-time mother, as they emerge into the community. Our Lady of Guadalupe Home is hiring casual, on-call support staff.
Direct Support; Helping Individuals to Become More Independent:
- Encouraging personal skill development.
- Building self-esteem.
- Providing opportunities for new experiences.
- Getting involved in the community - recreation, shopping, building positive relationships, attending Ontario Early Years with our residents and their children.
- Building a relationship based on respect, support, guidance and direction when appropriate
- Encouraging, teaching and assisting with household, community and personal responsibilities such as shopping, cleaning, banking, doctor appointments and ensuring they are completed
- Supporting people in social situations to learn to feel comfortable and build positive relationships
- Understand and assist in developing appropriate family values.
Teamwork; Building a Strong Team:
- Offering support, respect and feedback to other team members
- Ensuring communication is clear, concise and honest
- Attending staff meetings and contributing professionally
- Covering assigned shifts or finding a suitable replacement, giving adequate notice and informing the team. *If Extremely ill, notifying the house manager directly with adequate notice
- Taking ownership and responsibility for your role as a team member
- Being accountable and holding each other accountable
- Approaching team members directly and privately to resolve issues as they arise, then going to team leader or director when appropriate to ensure issue are resolved adequately
- Sharing and contributing ideas, knowledge, questions, and feelings
- Respecting the workplace physical structure, keeping it clean and tidy, safe and secure for those we support
Qualifications and Position Requirements:
- Minimum 2-4 years’ consistent work experience.
- Mature, responsible and reliable individual.
- Team player.
- Computer skills in Microsoft Word.
- Interpersonal skills.
- Leadership skills.
- Flexible scheduling.
- Great work ethic.
*Total Compensation and Benefits to be discussed at time of interview.
A letter of application is required for this position. Candidates must meet the essential qualifications to be interviewed. An interview will be conducted to review the candidate’s demonstrated experience, suitability and qualifications. Resumes are to be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org and/or email@example.com Resumes will be accepted until April 30, 2017 and only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.